Lead Support Admin
Site Support & Member Services
|11-25-2009 06:17 AM
Welcome to TeamWarfare! The administrative and senior staff works hard to provide you with the best competitive atmosphere we can. There are a few guidelines and processes that should be followed that wifll make your lives - and ours - as easy as possible!
This is a game specific COMMUNITY forum. Please try and keep all post game or community specific, some general posts will be allowed as long as they aren't an attempt to just be a moron. In other words, Off Topic posts ARE allowed as long as they are not totally pointless or an attack on another team/player/TWL Staff. OT posts can be healthy for the community. All it takes is a couple of people to derail and ruin it by causing the thread to get locked. Such actions will not be taken lightly anymore.
Additionally, please do not post Recruiting or Site Support questions here as we have forums for those as well (click on links!).
There is also an AA Specific Recruiting Forum that can be used.
- Ignoring staff warnings or testing patience / boundaries.
- Stupid pointless posts or threads with the only intent being to push the boundries of the current rules without breaking them will earn you a forum ban.
- Creating "Free" banned member threads.
- Troublemaking. Starting problems for the sake of stirring up waves will get you removed.
- Porn, nudity, links to porn will not be tolerated. We are not a thumbnail gallery nor are we a link database. If you're that hard up, Google your way to happiness.
- Flaming, bashing or threatening of any individual or group.
- Abuse to staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances. The staff are volunteers, but they didn't volunteer to take your abuse.
- Abuse to other TeamWarfare members will not be tolerated either.
- Don't post them period. Someone dies let an admin know and when it is verified we will post. Anyone else posts and you will be banned end of story.
- Posting links to cheats and cheat websites.
- posting a copy of match communications in an attempt to make the other team look bad or get them banned/suspended. If you think you are mistreated in a match or match comms file a dispute, don't bring it to the forums.
- Posts, usernames or private messages which are defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, threatening, or invasive of a person's privacy.
- Any posts trashing, degrading, disrespecting another country, area, or player in refrence to his nationality.
- Posting information not pertinent to the thread with the sole purpose of derailing the discussion (trolling).
- Using our forum to promote some other gaming league / ladder or server rentals will earn a lock, deletion and ban (not necessarily in that order).
- Posting links to cheats and cheat websites.
- Posting for someone who is banned can warrant up to a site ban. Additionally, creating a new account to post if you have been banned is strictly prohibited.
- Editing or altering any text left by Forum Staff in your post.
- Posts that contain names of suspected cheaters.
- Quoting someone, then editing their quote in an attempt to make them look bad or get them banned.
- Advertising in the forums will get you banned. This includes the promotion of any type of site, period. If you want to link to your site in your sig, that's fine, but that's it. If you have something of interest that you think you'd like to post, then ask permission first.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. Content may still be deemed inappropriate even if it does not specifically fall under one of these rules. The Moderators and Competition Staff determine if content is inapporpriate in the staff forums.
Members violating these rules will recieve the following:
1st Offense - 7 Day Forum Ban
2nd offense - 14 Day Forum Ban
3rd offense - 30 Day Forum Ban
4th offense- Depending on the severity of the violation, the poster could receive anywhere from a 30 day Site Ban to a 180 Day Forum Ban.
Hovever Some violations may draw a more severe punishment at the discretion of the senior staff, even as a first offense
Any person found circumventing a forum ban will be site banned indefinitely.
- Blatant stupidity.
- Flaming and insults (can result in ban).
- Cheat accusations. Email the Anti Cheat staff
- Duplicate threads - by that I mean creating a new thread on a topic already covered in an existing thread. Stay on topic in the original thread and you can avoid this sort of thing.
- Discussing methods used to aid in the illegal proliferation of copyrighted material is not allowed. If you want to make a political statement by declaring your resolve in not purchasing MP3 music is one thing, but discussing methods on the distribution of such will get your thread locked or deleted. Making a habit if this will get you banned.
- Disgruntled that your favorite drug is illegal? Email your congressman This is not the site to make such statements.
The Forum Moderator must note the reason for the lock in the final post, even if the reason for locking is obvious.
Posts may be moved for a number of reasons, but primarily, it is because they were posted in the wrong forum. If you can't find a post where it was originally posted, try looking in a more appropriate forum.
Those only apply and are specific to the AA Forums. Rule infractions are handled on a case-by-case basis.
Much of the senselessness and smacktalk that goes on in the AA Ladder Forum is better suited for the Rants. The Rants were specifically designed to give members an outlet and to keep such material out of the main forums.
Originally posted by: From the Rant
Warning: TeamWarfare staff will not police these rant boards. They are meant
for teams to get into the "spirit" of their upcoming matches. So have fun.
NOTICE: The above rule does NOT allow for a complete disregard of common sense.
Racism, excessive personal attacks, and utter idiocy will reflect badly on your team and may result in punishment.
While we do not police the Rant Boards, if called by a player we will enforce the rules based on the forum guidelines.
To use the Rants, simply use the menu above to go to Competition, Click on your game, click on your ladder, and then find your team. Every match will have a Rant starting from the day the challenge was made.
These guidelines must be followed. Edits will ensue if they are not. If we need to repeatedly edit your sig we'll be forced to take other action.
Again, to see the full set of guidelines, go to the Signature Guidelines thread.
- No nudity whatsoever, obvious, implied or otherwise. Bathing suits are fine, skimpy bikinis are not. Violating this is an instant ban.
- Sig width no more than 500 pixels, height no more than 150 pixels. This is more than enough room for your creativity.
- Sigs must be under 60kb. There is no reason for a jpg that is 500x150 to be over 60kb.
- No embedded sounds in sigs, not even on mouseovers.
- Symbols or insignia of fallen oppresive/murderous regimes or terror organizations will result in the sig's removal.
- Sigs that cause extremely slow page loads due to slow hosts will be immediately removed and a warning will be placed in your sig area advising you this. Putting it back and causing the pages to load slow again will be an immediate ban. Please respect the others that visit this site.
- Abuse of your HTML privelages (example: causing java popups when opening a thread) will result in an immediate ban. Length to be determined by Senior Operations Staff.
- Usage of deragatory terms and profanity in sig images is highly discouraged, and frowned upon by staff.
No advertising of any kind other then TWL related stuff ei: shoutcasts,tourneys..
Below is a sample of the maximum size allowed.
- Our primary IRC channel is .irc.gamesurge.net #twl_aa
- While in the #twl_aa IRC channel only those tags used to represent your team will be worn or none at all
- We consider IRC an extension to our forums and the above forum guidelines apply to IRC as well
To contact a staff member
In charge of the America's Army Forums:
- Russd3: Competition Director NA
- nooz: Competition Director EU
- GMan: America's Army Competition Manager NA/OC Ladders
- Chronosx: America's Army Competition Manager NA/OC Leagues
- Highflyr: America's Army Competition Manager EU
- To see a list of other TeamWarfare staff click here.
Post edited by nooz at 11/25/2009 6:23:00 AM
Follow TWL on: Facebook | Twitter | Steam