Skip Navigation

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
FuhrerOne
TWL Member
03-07-2012 12:04 PM / profile

Three new themed Battlefield 3 expansion packs announced! Get up close and personal with Battlefield 3: Close Quarters in June 2012. Head to the Battlefield web site for first details!

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters
Juxtapuh
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
03-07-2012 12:47 PM / profile

the video i saw reminded me of mw2 airport crossed with cod4 vacant. very small, very tight.
asshat84
TWL Member
03-07-2012 01:16 PM / profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofBFx-5xBlg

unless it's free i will pass on it. 16 player max....possibly tdm only...yeah i'll pass.
creamgirL
TeamWarfare Vet
03-07-2012 03:36 PM / profile

Originally posted by: asshat84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofBFx-5xBlg

unless it's free i will pass on it. 16 player max....possibly tdm only...yeah i'll pass.

Shit better be free or EA/DICE will have gone to great lengths to literally sabotage whatever dignity the companies had left.
iLL| corbu
TWL Member
03-07-2012 04:50 PM / profile

hurray more press and hold maps. i hate aiming
LaserSights
TWL Member
03-07-2012 05:15 PM / profile

Battlefield don't try to be like CoD MW2. Keep it big maps for all out warfare. If you feel like playing CQB maps press "ALT F4" then click on the CoD MW2 icon and have fun.

Post edited by LaserSights at 3/8/2012 3:25:47 AM

.c.recon
TWL Member
03-07-2012 05:37 PM / profile

They're releasing the "biggest bf map ever" in the Fall.
asshat84
TWL Member
03-07-2012 06:47 PM / profile

Originally posted by: .c.recon
They're releasing the "biggest bf map ever" in the Fall.

funny thing is they also said this about the current bf3 maps in the run up to the release of bf3.
.c.recon
TWL Member
03-07-2012 06:56 PM / profile

i saw some random footage of the dlc on youtube. looks like they converted some of the co-op stuff into multi player maps

like the condo/office highrise is now a multi map
Ackbar652
TWL Member
03-07-2012 07:30 PM / profile

It does sound like they're trying to appeal to the COD fans. I'm hoping the player cap indicated is just for consoles, since they always get preference. Although if the maps are as small as they indicate, more than 16 players is a cluster anyway.

Small, tight maps might be cool for squad rush though!
7HEBUTCH3R
A Sick man, With a Bloody Knife
03-08-2012 11:00 AM / profile

I personally wont mind paying for these DLC from DICE. At least when they put out DLC it is more than just a map pack like "other" titles. With BF you get weapons, vehicles, and maps. These guys work hard on this stuff, and should be paid for it. Lets not forget that they are one of the few studios out there that are pushing the envelope for PC gaming with their engine.

The close Quarters looks interesting and may be ok for matching, unless TWL wont do it because it costs money for DLC.

And the Armored Kill look to be pretty epic.

Who knows what End Game will bring, but in the history of Battlefield, I have only been dissapointed a few times (Flying in 2142, and lack of vehicles in BFBC2)

PC Gaming is hanging on by a thread, and all of us "enthusiast" should support one of the few dev houses that are lookin out for us.
Kyle..
TWL Member
03-08-2012 12:59 PM / profile

I'm pretty sure this still won't produce better number of teams in competition
FuhrerOne
TWL Member
03-08-2012 01:25 PM / profile

I would like to see more mountain maps. Urban is coo we had alot of that with BF2,COD and now BF3. Imagine feeling like your in afhghanistan where the night maps at?
_B3a$t_
TWL Member
03-08-2012 03:32 PM / profile

if u think this DLC will be free, you will be very dissapointed..
JackBurton[x]
TeamWarfare Vet
03-08-2012 05:51 PM / profile

Can you blame them?

MW3 seriously shit the bed and is, by far, the worst COD game ever created, next to MW2 which comes in a close 2nd, and they have this wide-open community to appeal to since the MW3 failed so hard and so fast.

Sounds like a sound business decision to me.

You guys are always so fast to bash everything without looking at a big picture.

How do you know this won't turn some people onto BF3 and they will try other things... like vehicles... and then all the sudden, best case scenario, you have a re-surgence in the 8v8/12v12 community.

I don't know where all these CQ 8v8 BF2 guys get their superiority complexes from. Just boggles my mind.

Weird huh?
.c.recon
TWL Member
03-08-2012 05:56 PM / profile

1) I don't think any smart person would think it was gonna be free.
2) Why get panties in a twist? It's more guns and maps, sign me up.
Post edited by .c.recon at 3/8/2012 5:59:06 PM
Otaku_4_Life
TWL Member
03-08-2012 09:24 PM / profile

Fucking terrible. If I wanted CoD, I'd go play CoD.
LaserSights
TWL Member
03-09-2012 06:32 AM / profile

Is EA seriously a sell out to computer sellers to make BF3 choose specific operating systems. If video cards are backwards compatible with all Direct X versions then EA should consider the gamers hardware and not go as far as dictating the gamers hardware.

asshat84
TWL Member
03-09-2012 08:26 AM / profile

dude get over it already and upgrade your os. directx 9 is what is hold the pc back (mostly because of consoles but people like you are not helping). also it's not really that good of a game. bf2 has this beat hands down on game play.
.c.recon
TWL Member
03-09-2012 11:22 AM / profile

Yeah, sorry there Laser. It's time to upgrade pal.

You can get a copy here for $100:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006587&isNodeId=1&Description=win7&x=19&y=13
_B3a$t_
TWL Member
03-09-2012 12:24 PM / profile

Originally posted by: JackBurton[x]
Can you blame them?

MW3 seriously shit the bed and is, by far, the worst COD game ever created, next to MW2 which comes in a close 2nd, and they have this wide-open community to appeal to since the MW3 failed so hard and so fast.

Sounds like a sound business decision to me.

You guys are always so fast to bash everything without looking at a big picture.

How do you know this won't turn some people onto BF3 and they will try other things... like vehicles... and then all the sudden, best case scenario, you have a re-surgence in the 8v8/12v12 community.

I don't know where all these CQ 8v8 BF2 guys get their superiority complexes from. Just boggles my mind.

Weird huh?

Do you really think close quarter, COD style game play is going to turn players on to vehicles? You are kidding youself if you think thats true. If anything, it will seperate the two even more. Those who hate vehicles and only play 24/7 Metro, now can have some fun on new metro-type maps.

I think its cool that they are coming out with DLC, and I will purchase it and play it. But to think this is gonna resurge the BF3 8v8 and 12v12 community.. come on now lets be real
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 8/22/2014 9:44:43 AM
TWL® EU Time: 8/22/2014 3:44:43 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions