Skip Navigation

Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
Bigguns 93
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 12:48 PM / profile

Times are tough out there. Millions of people owe more on their homes than those buildings are worth. The job market is still weak with many Americans just happy to take work that will help them pay the bills. Bankers can't afford to add square-footage to their million-dollar homes.

"People who don't have money don't understand the stress," a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in NYC explains to Bloomberg, presumably blotting his tears with a handkerchief made out of plain old silk. "Could you imagine what it's like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?"

Things have gotten so bad for one Wall Street headhunter that he not only has to shop at only slightly luxurious Brooklyn grocery stores, but he and his family also — prepare yourself to weep — occasionally look at coupons: "They have a circular that they leave in front of the buildings in our neighborhood... We sit there, and I look through all of them to find out where it's worth going."

And it's not just the money people at banks that are feeling the pinch. Even the most vital people at brokerage firms — the marketing directors — sound like extras from an off-Broadway production of Oliver!

"I'm not Zen at all," gripes the marketing director for Euro Pacific Capital, who has had to delay plans to add bedrooms to his Brooklyn brownstone. "I can't imagine what I'm going to do... I'm crammed into 1,200 square feet. I don't have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand."

Of course, he still sends his daughter to a $32,000/year prep school and plans to rent out a 3-bedroom summer house in Connecticut — but only for one month instead of his usual four.

"I feel stuck," he adds. "The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach... All I want is the stuff that I always thought, growing up, that successful parents had."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/wall-street-bonus-withdrawal-means-trading-aspen-for-cheap-chex.html

You have to read the full article on Bloomberg. People making $10 million to $150K complaining about how they have to cut back

- only traveling abroad for 10 days this year instead of 30 or more

- cutting back on the $17K annual expense for two dogs

- only spending 1 month at summer cottage and not 4

- settling for a Porche 911 instead of a good car

- cutting back on travel to buy spend $50K on a property that was foreclosed on and taken from a blue collar family

- having to get by on $350K a year and not the $500K from last year because last year was a super bonus but this year is just an average bonus

It's getting tough out there. Wall Street may be looking for another bailout. Please dig deep and give so these people can keep their kids in $32K a year private grade schools.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 12:55 PM / profile

yeah, sucks to be them
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-29-2012 01:28 PM / profile

From their perspective it does suck.
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 01:46 PM / profile

they could just grow mustaches to get a bailout

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/staffer-refers-mustache-bill-committee-without-congressmans-consent_632956.html

"The American Mustache institute earlier today made this surprising announcement:

After barnstorming the Nation’s Capitol in support of the proposed Stache Act (details and white paper here), the office of of [sic] Maryland 6th district U.S. Rep. Roscoe Bartlett informed the American Mustache Institute that the congressman has begun the process of ensuring the‘Stache Act becomes law by passing the proposal to the House Ways and Means Committee for study — an essential first step for tax legislation.

The surprising thing is not that a congressman—Rep. Bartlett, a Republican—would support the creation of another tax loophole. “The Stache Act (Stimulus to Allow for Critical Hair Expenses) aims to earn a well-deserved $250 annual tax deduction for every Mustached American for expenditures on mustache grooming supplies,” the website reads.

Instead, it was odd that Bartlett would even participate in what clearly seems to be an elaborate parody of Washington, D.C., think tanks and advocacy groups—and Congress. (The group is, after all, holding a rally on Capitol Hill on April 1.) . . " more important congressional business at link

Post edited by Killet at 2/29/2012 1:47:22 PM
Bigguns 93
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 02:29 PM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
From their perspective it does suck.

Yeah, it sucks when you are used to eating a porter house and have to switch to sirloin. But when you complain to people who went from eating porrige to eating nothing, that makes you an asshole.

Top that off with the sense of entitlement. They made more than enough money to have savings but spend as fast as they get it and demand more. $500K this year, I'll NEED $600K next year to add a guest room to our our guest house.

Most of that money came from bailouts, subsidies, or outright fraud allowed by using lobbyist.

Do I feel bad some entitled, overpaid, ripoff artist without enough sense to pocket some of his money only made $350K instead of $500K. YES!! I am sorry he made $350K because that is still probally $300K in tax breaks, corporate welfare, corruption, or abuse of power.
Water Demon
Going to Hell? I'll Bring the 3 Inch
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 02:45 PM / profile

If I made 300k a year I could easily save 250k of it...

It's not that hard.

Bibimbap
Kimchee!
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 02:46 PM / profile

The average joe-bankers aren't necessarily the ones committing the fraud, that ethics comes from the top. These guys are just overpaid desk jockeys following company policy set by the top bean counters.

Their biggest sin is NOT managing their wealth. They have so much, yet they squander it. Stupid fucks. Hey! Put that shit away and save it for important shit.

Post edited by Bibimbap at 2/29/2012 2:56:46 PM
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-29-2012 03:38 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Water Demon

It's not that hard.
If you made 300k your tax bracket would take 38% of it. So you wouldn't have 250k to start. FYI
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 03:40 PM / profile

It's not that hard.

Yes....yes you could.
02-29-2012 03:41 PM / profile

If I brought home 250k, I could easily save 220k.

See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
Water Demon
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 03:43 PM / profile

It's not that hard.
If you made 300k your tax bracket would take 38% of it. So you wouldn't have 250k to start. FYI

I just wont pay taxes, fuck'em.

~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-29-2012 03:46 PM / profile

It's not that hard.

Then the Paultards and Occupy wall street groups would attack you!!!I
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 03:49 PM / profile

It's not that hard.

that is incorrect. the highest tax rate is 35%. however the tax system is progressive, in that income from one level to the next is taxed at its respective rate. so income from about 209K to the 350K would be taxed at 33%, income from 137-208K would be taxed at 28%, etc... (this is for married filers)

i understand that facts are not very important to you in general, but when talking about large sums of money, being 8-10% off is being highly innacurate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The right is more virtuous than the left. They have twice as many virtues because they have double the standards.

Knocks
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 03:50 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Bigguns 93

Top that off with the sense of entitlement. They made more than enough money to have savings but spend as fast as they get it and demand more. $500K this year, I'll NEED $600K next year to add a guest room to our our guest house.

The government has been doing this exact thing for years.
Water Demon
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 03:51 PM / profile

It's not that hard.

I'd buy them new tents.

Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 03:52 PM / profile

It's not that hard.

I'd buy them new tents.

Don't be a pussy, just mace them.
Nathan Bedford Forrest
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 04:01 PM / profile

It's not that hard.

You don't seem to realize that Paul and his supporters want to completely eliminate the income tax. Either that or you are a troll.

Post edited by Nathan Bedford Forrest at 2/29/2012 4:01:37 PM

See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
Water Demon
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 07:19 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Cocytus

It's not that hard.

I'd buy them new tents.

Don't be a pussy, just mace them.

Fuck Mace I'm not a cop, I have a fire hose it's a lot more fun. :o

~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-29-2012 07:54 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Pixël

It's not that hard.

that is incorrect. the highest tax rate is 35%. however the tax system is progressive, in that income from one level to the next is taxed at its respective rate. so income from about 209K to the 350K would be taxed at 33%, income from 137-208K would be taxed at 28%, etc... (this is for married filers)

i understand that facts are not very important to you in general, but when talking about large sums of money, being 8-10% off is being highly innacurate.

You are correct. I was assuming the 3% tax cuts would be repealed under Obama which could still happen

10% Bracket $0 – $8,700 $0 – $17,400 $0 – $12,400
15% Bracket $8,701 – $35,350 $17,401 – $70,700 $12,401 – $47,350
25% Bracket $35,351 – $85,650 $70,701 – $142,700 $47,351 – $122,300
28% Bracket $85,651 – $178,650 $142,701 – $217,450 $122,301 – $198,050
33% Bracket $178,651 – $388,350 $217,451 – $388,350 $198,051 – $388,350
35% Bracket $388,350+ $388,350+ $388,350+

02-29-2012 08:06 PM / profile

I know how those guys feel, I can't even afford to sod my entire backyard, I had to only do it around the pool.
(SF) DirtyRatFink
TeamWarfare Vet
02-29-2012 09:11 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Pixël

It's not that hard.

C'mon Snake, for someone that worked at H&R Block I wouldn't have guess you to make a mistake like that.
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 9/1/2014 7:24:26 PM
TWL® EU Time: 9/2/2014 1:24:26 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions