Thread: Website Update

Administrator
    Senior Staff
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Website Update

This is a quick update on where we are right now with the website.

• We want to help old members of the TWL community find their former teammates and competitors. In order to do that, we're creating a "Legacy Players" thread for each of the main series that TWL historically supported. If you don't fit neatly into one of those game series, then post in the generic site-wide one. You may post in more than one if you'd like.

• We are collecting old TWL-related screenshots, videos, demos, etc. If you have some media that relates to TWL's history (matches, tournaments, events, interviews, shoutcasts, etc.), and you don't mind us hosting it for the public, then post it in this thread or send it in to us (support@teamwarfare.com). We're working through the best way to host this type of data, but we're going to at least get something started.

That's great and all, but what about the future?

• Ultimately the competition script development is going slower than we had planned. But, that's ok! We have a few ideas that we hope will bring some of the community back together while we continue to work with developers.

• We are going to sponsor a few events over the next couple of months (with prizes and giveaways). Even without a full-blown competition script, we have a pretty good plan in place to host these competitions/events.

• The website is still very much under construction. We plan on rolling out updates and features as we validate their stability on the development site(s). Most of this should be transparent to you all, but if you do have an issue then please contact our site support team at support@teamwarfare.com.

• Discord is the official means of communication we're currently using. It's a great little tool (think of Slack and Mumble put together) if you're interested in hanging out with us or organizing a few games. We also have a TeamSpeak server available to the community: teamwarfare.com, no password.

As always, if you have an idea, then please share it!
    Last edited by RedBeard; 05-01-2016 at 03:46 AM.

TeamWarfare Vet
    Retired Senior Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates? Things appear to have gone dark here. Hope all is well with everyone.

Administrator
    Senior Staff
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will have an update within the next week. Just finalizing a couple things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russd3 View Post
    Any updates? Things appear to have gone dark here. Hope all is well with everyone.
    Lets just say things are moving in the right direction!

Administrator
    Senior Staff
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not ignoring providing an update. I have several meetings scheduled over the next several days that I want to get through before I provide my update to the community. I apologize, but I feel these meetings will provide crucial information towards a more accurate update.

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the update. TWL will hold a special place in my heart forever.
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

Thread Information