Thread: Clarification?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarification?

Some of these may have been answered in the conference call, which I missed. Some of this may also be my ignorance and being new to TWL Europe.

-The top 10 maps were posted in the closed thread; is that the pool clans can choose from for their map picks?

-Is regular season best 2/3 maps for Invite?

-Does the Away team pick 1st and 3rd maps? Does 3rd map (over-time) count towards their Map Pool selection?

-Do I understand correctly that you may only pick a map once throughout the entire season?

-How many weeks are in the season, how many matches will invite teams get to play?

Thanks in advance guys, very excited to see how supportive the EU community is.
    doogle

AA:PG Admin
    TWL Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Doogle,

Regarding the maps, the closed thread has in the end, the top 10 maps chosen in the poll. The top 10 map list will be the list from where you can pick your map during the regular season. In playoffs, the 10th map drops from the list and the choice is made regarding the top 9 maps.

For playoffs, you can choose always the same map, if the adversary doesn't eliminate it.

The season will 9 weeks (10 with last sunday match).

Hope it helped.

I quoted the rules concerning the maps, and clarified as much possible.

Cheers

6.3. Each division has its own specific rules regarding the map choice.

6.3.1. In the Open division, there will be a specific map each week, that is randomly drafted in the LEAGUE LIVE CONFERENCE.

6.3.2. In the Open divisions, the map can not be changed.

6.3.3. For Main and Invite divisions, during the regular season, each team will choose 1 map each week, from the selected list of maps.

6.3.4. For Main and Invite divisions, during the regular season, each team can only choose the same map once.

6.3.5. For Main and Invite divisions, during the playoffs, teams will eliminate 6 of the top 9 maps, in a abba system (being the "a", the lower ranked team, and the "b" the higher ranked team).

6.3.6. For Main and Invite divisions, during the playoffs, each team will choose 1 of the remaining 3 maps, maintaining the abba system order, and the last map will be the OT map.

6.4. In Main and Invite divisions, during the regular phase, the home team will play their map in the end.
    7.4. The league matches are played in a BO1 map for Open divisions, in a BO2 in the Regular Phase of Main and Invite divisions and in a BO3 in Playoffs of Main and Invite divisions, in a 16 rounds system per each map.

7.4.1. All the rounds must be played.

7.4.2. If a team leaves the server before playing all rounds, they will forfeit the remainder of the rounds.

7.5. In case of a tie, the teams play OT.

7.5.1. For the Open divisions, the OT is on the same map, changing side every round, until a team gains an advantage of 2 rounds.

7.5.1 For Open divisions, the OT map can be changed with the agreement of both teams.

7.5.2. For Open divisions, the OT rounds won doesn't count for the classification table, it only determines the match winner.

7.5.3. For Main and Invite divisions, its consider a tie when in the aggregate of both maps, both teams have the same number of rounds won.

7.5.4. For Main and Invite divisions, the OT is played on the home team map during the regular phase and in the third map during the playoffs. If the tie remains, the teams will continue playing the OT map until a team gains an advantage of 2 rounds, changing sides every round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confusing, even for a native speaker. But I get it I believe.

Invite/Main:

Team A vs Team B. Team A is home team and provides server.

Team B picks 1st map and we play. Theoretical score is 9-7 (A)
    Team A picks 2nd map and we play. Theoretical score is 7-9 (B)

Result is a tie based on total number of rounds. No tie breaker in regular season.

Right?

TWL Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doogle View Post
    Confusing, even for a native speaker. But I get it I believe.

Invite/Main:

Team A vs Team B. Team A is home team and provides server.

Team B picks 1st map and we play. Theoretical score is 9-7 (A)
    Team A picks 2nd map and we play. Theoretical score is 7-9 (B)

Result is a tie based on total number of rounds. No tie breaker in regular season.

Right?
    Almost. In the scenario you placed you still play OT (Over Time - tie breaker if you prefer it named as such).

During the regular season (during the group stage) the over time is played on home team map, and you play the map until a team win an advantage of 2 rounds, changing sides every round.

During playoffs there is a third map selected for that. If at the end of the 3rd match (over time match) the result is still a tie. Then teams keep playing on the same map until a team reaches 2 rounds of advantage.
    Last edited by spetnaz; 10-10-2017, 10-10-17 at 6:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy that.

I'd suggest removing line 7.5.3 and simply adding it to 7.5. Open would have no chance for a tie with a "best of" on 1 map.

And perhaps separating the rules to Invite / Open and adding some better formatting would make it less of pain to read and comprehend.

TWL Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advise.

We are counting on changing the rules in the future, to separate the divisions.

Thread Information