Thread: Battlefield Incursions.

Unconfirmed Email
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Battlefield Incursions.

Been a long time since I've visited TWL. Glad to see there's still people around and a will to keep things moving. Things are definitely not quite how they were 10-15 years ago, huh? I'm sure most people around here have seen the best of Battlefield and some of the worst of it.

Reason I'm posting today is because Battlefield is in the works of "official" competitive support, finally. It's called Battlefield Incursions. I won't talk much about what exactly it is, you can read about it here, plus tons of videos on youtube. Unfortunately, even though it's in its early stages, the new mode still really doesn't have any word or promise on official/unofficial leagues or ladder support for places like TWL. There also has been no talk of better dedicated server options for users, as we all know how bad it currently is with this series. I believe they're taking more notes on match making games such as R6: Siege and Overwatch instead of remembering the roots of what made classic Battlefield competitive good and long lasting.

They appear to have quite a few Devs involved on the project and are very active on the Incursions sub-reddit and appear to be taking and using a lot of the feedback. I made this post the other day when I found about this project. I really think this project needs some more veteran insight and more current established teams with people to chime in and help them remember and realize what makes a good competitive game worth while. It looks like most of the feedback they're gathering are from people who have not seen all the highs and lows of this series and all the shit we've had to put up with over the years.

So, basically I'm asking everyone here to get yourself an Incursions beta key, run some games this weekend or when you can. When you're done be sure to take yourself over to the sub-reddit and give them some solid feedback and remind them what you liked from when Battlefield was actually active and competitive at places like here, CAL, CEVO, etc.

BTW you can get a key pretty quickly by just popping in their Discord or asking on the reddit.

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent post! Please post this in the #talk-games channel of our Discord as we will be transitioning to new forums within just a couple of weeks and I don't want to lose this.
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

Thread Information